Weekend Wrap-Up: Skins

Glad to see the Caps are playing again, well, glad to see Ovie is scoring again, hopefully the rest of the team will wake the hell up.

Skins:
This is the first loss after-which I feel the general media is beginning to acknowledge the issues the Skins have had for over a decade now.  I feel like the past few years they've been trying to figure out why things weren't working, blaming it on record-setting QB hirings, record-setting coach hirings, bad luck, missed opportunities, this, that and the other thing.  But these embarrassing personnel and team issues are not causes themselves but rather symptoms of the real problem.

I flipped over to espn.com tonight to read some recaps of all the other great teams in the league (Farve/Brees undefeated, Brady setting more ridiculous records) when I clicked the page and saw this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=lebrun_pierre&id=4575553.  I began crying... tears of joy, until I realized I had clicked on the NHL tab and not the NFL tab.  While I am only kidding (not really), I saw a glimmer of hope in those few seconds I had thought the owner of the Skins was no longer in command.  Like I had been set free, let out of prison, finally come up for air after being drowned for over 10 years.  Dan Snyder has run this team worse than the execs at Enron and its long past due for a change.

The problem with today's game is that its no different than our last game, or the game before that, or the season before that.  This team requires an overhaul.  A complete changing of the guard.  New coaches, new QBs, new everything and unfortunately we've squandered the youth out of the few quality pieces we have (Moss, Cooley) or traded away players over the years that really contributed to this team (what the hell happened to Champ Bailey? Denver?! wtf!).  But its not the losing or the overhaul thats painful.  Its that its never going to happen, ever, and we're going to be sucked dry year after year by Snyder.

When will it stop?  When will we be free?

Also, Jeff called "safety" like three plays before the game ended by us getting safetied.  Well done, sir!

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of being able to call the game, I think Laura is psychic when it comes to the Skins. Before their game against Carolina she told me that the skins would lose by exactly 3 points. Then before this game, she got even more specific, she honestly said that the Skins would only score 6 points from 2 field goals. I've got to take her to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete